Roasted Potatoes in Chile de Arbol Oil
Author: Gilda Valdez Carbonaro
Recipe type: Sauce
Serves: 4 to 6
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3-4 chiles (chile de arbol)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 10 sprigs fresh rosemary with stems removed
- Place chiles in small pot of boiling water.
- Allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the water and cover; let rest.
- After 10 minutes, blend the chiles, adding the olive oil, salt, and rosemary.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into wedges or cubes and place in a bowl with the chile mixture, making sure the potatoes are coated with the oil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about an hour, moving them occasionally so they brown on all sides.